Hey gang! The weather has been so nice lately that I've started to think about my urban/suburban summer day hike set-up. I'm not switching over yet though. Going to stick to the tried and true theory that winter isn't over in these parts until we get through April, and even then we may get snow in May.

This will not be a wilderness kit. My priorities for this kind of trip will be to carry my cel phone, wallet, keys, glasses, leatherman, FAK, water bottle, bug spray, sun screen, snacks, and also leaving a little room the the treasures my 8 year old finds along the way.

Last year, I made the bold move of leaving my off-roading backpack behind and taking a fanny pack when I stayed on the pavement, but I didn't really like it because it was uncomfortable on my hips when I put a water bottle in it. (It was an Obusforme something or other fanny pack.) The same can be said of my EDC purse. It works great as is but I can't stand the floppyness of it when I'm doing something active like bike riding, rollerblading, etc. especially when I clip a water bottle on it. I'd like to try something in between this year. The Maxpediation Jumbo Versapack looks like it might fit the bill but I'm looking for other suggestions.

What say you?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA