Originally Posted By: Richlacal
The TinderQuiks are the proven leader in this category,IMHO!They are Waterproof,compact-(more so than anything out there at present),readily take the slightest spark to ignite,yet are very safe to store,even outside of a container if need be!They are cheap&small enough & clean enough, to have them through out your person,pack,anywhere & everywhere!They don't get Gooey when the temps get hot,nor freeze solid when the temps are cold,they take abuse & perform as expected! I have no affiliation with the above brand of product,other than being a convinced user! cool

I wouldn't argue against you there. I buy them from eBay for less than $20 per 100, a very good price. There's a video I watched at youtube that compared TQs, WetFire & PJ Cotton; very interesting, I'll have to find the link. Even when left in a puddle during a long T-storm the TQ could still be made to light, albeit with difficulty. The PJ cotton was useless. Of course, the smart person will take care to keep their chosen tinder dry but >stuff< can happen. A TQ is very compact, very effective and very water resistant. I really like them.

One of the eBay stores where I buy offers special pricing on quantities of 300 or more. I will probably check into that as cheap as they already are.