You'll find that for receivers, if you want shortwave, you have to give up something else, or be willing to pay ALOT of money. For example, amateur radio radio's, that do the HF bands, VHF and UHF are upwards of $800 or more. There are a few scanners out there that will do almost anything above 29Mhz (just above the CB band) to the 1300Mzh (of course, excluding cellular, because people are just ignorant when it comes to wireless technology. *on soap box Hmm...should I give out my PIN number to my husband over the cellular? NO because a little law isn't going to stop a criminal from using so-called pre-ban scanners or old 1970's TV receivers! Don't worry it will all soon be covered under the Patriot Act.. *off soap box*). These scanners can cost over $400

You're best bet is to buy the shortwave radio mentioned, and then go and get yourself a base or handheld Trunktracker-type scanner (about $200). The trunktacker is useful if you want to listed to the Trunked Radio Systems that most governments now use. If you're not interested in following a TRS (i.e. you're in a rural area), you can get yourself a plain scanner that will cover the same frequency range, without trunktracking, for about $50. With the shortwave/AM/FM, and the scanner, you'll cover practically everything. Most scanners now adays have the weather channels in them, and some even have "service scans" that allow you to search all frequencies that are normally assigned to a particular service (i.e. public safety).

As for wind up radio's, those I believe are mostly the shortwave and AM/FM variety. You're best bet is probably just stock up on ALOT of batteries, and restrict your usage of the receivers to pre-determined times, like the top and bottom of the hour.

Wind up TV's? That's probably a novelty item, or very specialized. I didn't find much on Google. This is probably the closest, and best thing you'll get. Takes AA, which is the size of the batteries in the radio scanner, and probably in the shortwave.