I can think of several.

1) Tinder-Quik: This stuff is cotton treated with something to make it waterproof and extend the burn. It's designed to be lit with the relatively weak spark from a lighter flint. A 1" tab of the stuff will light very easily and burn for around 2 minutes. An empty BIC will still light this stuff.

2) Jute twine: In my experience you really do have to keep it dry, but when dry it will light easily with sparks from a fire steel. The empty BIC may light this, if you choose finer jute cord.

3) Cotton balls dipped in wax: Much the same as vaseline but not messy. You have to take care not to get too much wax to get it lit. I like to compress a large cottonball as tightly as I can, then wrap it in a bit of cling film or a square cut from a plastic shopping bag. I wrap the cottonball and melt is shut if it's a bag. Then I wrap cotton cosmetic pads or another cotton ball around this core, secure it with rubber bands and dip it in wax. This leaves the inner core of bone dry cotton to light and a lot of wax to protect and extend it. To use this you cut the ball about 2/3 in half, pulling out and fluffing up the naked cotton in the center. It can be lit with an empty BIC.

4) Weber Grill Lighters: This stuff is essentially the same as WetFire but larger and much, much cheaper. You have to keep it sealed or it won't keep for long but it lights easily with sparks and burns around 9-10 minutes. It's completely waterproof and will burn while floating. I haven't tried lighting it with the relatively faint sparks from a BIC, but I'll test it when I have time.

5) Hexamine: The most well know brand is ESBIT. You can use a knife or other scraper to scrape some shavings off the edge, and those shavings can be readily lit with a fire steel. It doesn't need to be sealed and has a near-infinite shelf life. Since it's made as a fuel for stoves (and model trains) it burns well. A cube will go for around 13 minutes. If it's not sealed though it reeks like a 7 day old dead fish. This probably won't light reliably with the faint sparks from an empty lighter but again, it can be lit pretty easily with a fire steel, especially a very large on like the Firesteel.com Bunker. The BlastMatch also lights them very reliably in my experience. Again, you do have to shave it first.

6) Fatwood: This takes a bit of work, though. First, cut some thin strips off for intermediate fuel. Then use the spine of your knife or the striker for your 'steel to rub fine shavings/dust off the fatwood. If you keep the rubbings fine the dust will easily light with a fire steel. The dust will burn hotly, and for long enough to light the slivers, which in turn will light your other fuel. Not sure if an empty lighter has enough oomph to light it, but again, I'll also try this as time allows.