Bountyhunter,

Like I said, I'm not a bowhunter, and have never dug an arrow out of a tree, but I'm just passing along what I ran across on another forum.

Here's the quote:

"Some of my archery friends have made sheaths for their mini's that attach to their leather quivers. They seem to be happy with that arrangement since the mini weighs very little. The mini is used to chop out arrows (in front of the point) stuck in old stumps when "stump shooting" for field practice. "

And here's the link:

GB Mini Thread

They have quite a bit more to say about the Mini in that thread.

>>...silly digging out an arrow with an axe, and when you consider design aspects, an axe would be a real pain for the purpose of arrow removal...<<

I guess I'm not getting it. The GB Mini is hardly an axe, the bit is about 2.5 inches long, the whole thing is 10.5 inches long- it- the whole thing- fits in a front trousers pocket if they're loose enough.

So, why would a small object that's efficient and excellent for chopping wood be "a real pain for the purpose of arrow removal", and why would what's essentially a spike with a handle be better?

Mabye it's a rhetorical question. I was trying to offer a helpful suggestion, not challenge anyone's belief system.