For those interested in my results with WetFire, I can definitively state that it ruptured after is was sealed and before atmosphere was let in. The new outer bag has the gas pillow. Squeezing it underwater reveals no bubbles from the new pack, so it's clear that the nitrogen is in the outer layer.

This is probably a good sign that the WetFire was viable.

Today I got some mylar bags that have a ziplock closure on them. They're 5" x 7", and the idea is that the rip notch is right under where you seal- you open the bag and can re-seal it with the ziplock. They seem to seal very well. They're 5 mil thick and seem very durable. And they're more flexible than the retort pouches. If they're durable enough I'll probably explore them further. A more flexible bag allows the package to be sealer smaller.

Lastly, I have a similar mylar bag on the way in a 3.75" x 4" size. These are available in black, red, orange, silver, gold, blue & green. If they work out they'll be perfect for 1 or 2 WetFires or Weber cubes.

Been too busy (read: lazy! blush) to take any pics yet but when I get the chance it'll be a doozy! grin

Soon I'll be looking for a few volunteers to try out my packaging. It will be free to the recipients. The only payment I request is feedback to help me figure out how to best seal & package them.