I pesonally do not see a need or value on having a quote system. Each and every instructor has his own style and type of skills that he will teach. Taken from years of experiance in the field which is irreplaceable.. You can not learn all the skills needed from a book. You can read read read all you want. But without getting out there and practicing one a regular basis. You'd just be an arm chair survivalist. Which means you'd be pretty damn hungry cold or dead in the field in a reall long term situation.

You can study people like

Dave Cantebury, Les Stroud, Larry Dean, Tom Brown, Bear Grylls, Condy Lundin, or any of the hundreds of others that just aren't as well known but excellent teachers..

Look at their history. Who's been teaching the longest with the best track record. Or who's just internet flash or television flash?

Each and every one of these men will teach you in complete different methods, styles and techniques.

Does that mean it's bad that each one is different? I don't think so. As long as you do your research on who's going to teach you the most.

I wouldn't trust my life to bear grylls anymore than I would a girl scout. He does ignorant stuff on his show just for ratings. Does or would he do any of those things in a real survival setting. I highly doubt it. I'm sure most of his antics are at the prodding of producers trying to gain viewers.

Any of the others have great methods and skill sets. But are all different and where ever your going to be put in a situation at. ie. area you live or travel in. Is the type of survival you may want to put your time, and money into learning.

ie. I've spent years studying and practicing for the boreal forest and midwest to east coast timber land. Since that's where I live and travel too the most on quote survival, extended very little gear treks or stays.

I will be the first too admit I lack alot when it comes to desert survival of any kind. Other than what I've studied in a book. Hence If I were going to pay someone to teach me something that I do not have a skill set in. I'd go straight to Cody Lundin.

He's been teaching for years in arizona and is highly skilled in desert survival.

If I wanted to learn more about timber land east coast woodland to midwest woodland living. I'd enroll in the some classes with Tom, Since he's been in business and teaching since the early 70's. Think he's had plenty of time to know his stuff and have it down packed.

What it breaks down too is there's so much to learn and so many different styles and method. That if there was a corriculim. You'd be losing out. There's no way you can cover so much material from so many different cultures and land types in one central method. Like how we're taught in modern school systems.

Just my two cents ;]