Bingley,

I'm downloading the material from your link. We have not been provided the Participant Manual, or any handouts for that matter, through the first 3 classes. We have seen some of the info via slides and I've been taking notes.

The fire suppression class was given by a local fire dept instructor and was about half academics (some of the info in the web site slides) and half actually fighting small fires with a fire simulator. That was very effective I believe.

The CPR/AED was the American Heart Assoc course which was follow the video and then perform the actions (a step-by-step approach). So that was virtually all hands on training, plus some side info from the instructors. They touched on the "hands only" technique, but taught the version which includes "breaths". The AHA class was a bit different from the military and Red Cross classes in the past, but it gave all the same info. Went out and bought a couple of face shields to carry with me.

I'll be going over the downloaded material above T make sure I get all the info and can ask questions if I have any.

Thanks for the links and hope this helps.