Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
What is your primary wilderness survival knife? what would your dream Survival knife be? My primary is a Bowie i made, with a commercial surval knife as back up in case of loss or breakage. What sheathware do you use or prefer? Thanks for your responses and thoughts.

Primary - Fallkniven WM1 (yes, I know it was designed for women) with a Leatherman surge as secondary. I sometimes take the Fallkniven F1 if I anticipate needing something slightly larger and the H1 is normally my hunting companion due to its blade profile. The one I always have on hand is the WM1 though.

Dream survival knife - Not really sure, so many beautiful knives to choose from but lately I really fell in love with Fallkniven. I may add a northern lights series (NL5cx)to the wish list soon, but at $1400.00 CAD it may take some convincing that I need to spend that on any knife. I have always wanted something in damascus steel however.

Sheath - Leather has the beautiful classic look and is fun to work with. Problem is, once it gets wet it stays wet. Any knife prone to rust does not like a sheath that takes days to dry out. I have become very fond of kydex for those reasons. A good kydex sheath will last the life of the knife and is maintenance free.