Originally Posted By: MDinana
I haven't really kept up on new technology, but it sounds like there isn't really anything new to review. And most of the home page is still solid advice. So really no need to change it, much as we'd like some new reading material.

Oh,my! The last entry in Equipped Briefs is dated 2007, and there has indeed been some new tech since then. Just look at Hikn' Jim's frequent postings on new stoves. Consider advances in flashlights/headlamps since that date. I would really like to see something on new wrinkles in portable solar power - the sort of thing I might set up to power cellphone, lights, and laptop in an extended emergency involving a power outage. The briefs were authored BOTD (by others than Doug) so that ought to be doable.

What about "Lessons Learned" from recent events (Katrina, Japan, Joplin)? How about a survey of first aid training options which are now considerably more diverse (and expensive) that they were a bit ago?

You are quite right about the solid advice still being relevant. That is also true of material dating considerably earlier than the Internet in this area. But ETS is losing its cutting edge, not a good position that prominently features knives and their uses in survival situations.

Edited by hikermor (03/01/12 05:48 PM)