Well, it is not like that

First , I am not a "bedouin" myself (my ancestors are farmers and villagers). We mix with decendants of desert folks but have a different culture. For example, they love to camp in the desert , we love to camp in green areas or beach areas.

The bedouins have seen lifestyle transforamtion that lost most of their identity IMHO. I doubt that the "bedouin" company president who drives a 4x4 Lexus or Escalade can tell the difference between edible and non-edible plant in the desert. Incidents of death or being lost in the desert are proof that many of them today are only "bedouin" by ancestry, not by practice.

In addition, I have only a little interest in desert survival, just in case a car breakdown while travelling on the highway. That scenario won't make me eat lizards or drink camel urine. LOL. A few gallons of water and a blanket is almost all I need.

Also, while camping and backpacking are very good supporting hobbies to the prepper community in your area of the world, backpacking is almost unheard of around me (well, almost unheard of), and camping here means you take with you the satellite dish and the kitchen sink. So, campers hardly have anything to offer to the prepper community.

Although I live in a city by necessity (work, family) but I love simpler village-like life, I will be buying a few books like (Back to Basics) and other such books which seem to have great reviews. These books and a bit of practice ought to provide me the right set of skills I need.

I am already doing what Cody Lundin is doing to his legs , but on the hotter side. Have been sleeping in non-air conditioned room of my house and been loving it.