I've been a active member of the forum for more than a few years. Before that, maybe before 1999 or thereabouts, I was a lurker of the forums and reader of the main site. What I am getting at is that, you guys all know me on here and I have been a fan of this site for a long time.

So Doug, editors, contributors, please take this as an honest observation and not a rebuke but, the main page of ETS is getting pretty stale. It looks like almost no new content has been added in months.

I spend at least a few minutes every day in the four forums and it's where I truly learn about how to improve my preparedness, thus I don't scan the main page much. When I first found ETS I spent hours and hours reading all the articles and suggestions off the main page. I lived on Dougs conclusions, I clicked over to sites he mentioned, I put more stock in the gear he endorsed. Then there was the SHOT show recaps, the articles on flares and EPIRBS and illumination, the GPS stuff, different survival kits and aviation stuff that Doug did. I really love(d) the after action reports he would do on survival situation in the media.

I'd like to see new content going up on the main site at least monthly, if for nothing else than to keep ETS relevant and topical. And maybe start the homepage off with a bolder more eye catching lead to the forum area so that people know its being updated daily.

Respect and Honor