Originally Posted By: Bingley
There is no cell reception at the range, and no landline. If something happens, somebody will have to be able to drive about five or ten minutes before getting reception. The ER is another fifteen minutes. I'm not sure whether the best move in a situation like this is to just go ahead and transport the wounded yourself, or to call and wait for the paramedics to arrive by the side of the road.

When I was trained on this, we were taught to weigh distance from the ER, paramedic response time and paramedic capabilities when deciding between MEDEVAC (calling for paramedics to evacuate the wounded) and CASEVAC (evacuating the wounded via any available vehicle).

If the local paramedics are professional, advanced and close by, in your shoes I'd consider either bringing the casualty to them or calling them to respond. If they're volunteers and only have BLS capabilities, or they're another twenty minutes away, I'd almost certainly elect for CASEVAC. One exception might be if the casualty has a spinal injury but is otherwise stable.