Originally Posted By: speedemon
I've been amazed at how much washer fluid I've gone through since moving to CO (get caught in ski traffic on i70 on a bad weekend and you'll probably use a quart). Luckily I have a fairly big fluid tank, and remember to check it often enough. Biggest problem I usually have is the rear wiper will freeze and not make any contact with the glass.

As for carrying a spare wiper, that is one of the nice things about having 3 windshield wipers that are all the same length (FJ cruiser). Something happens to one, you still have 2, which will clear enough of the window to have a good view.

If the problem with the rear wiper is ice build up on the blade support you might want to try the newer beam blade style wipers that don't have external support structures. If the problem is ice build up on the arm they won't help with that however.