Back when I was a young 'un and had a lot of hair, I remeber the Imperial fishing knife that used to be sold everyplace from sporting goods stores to the local gas stations.

One model had a descaler and a long sweeping cutlass like blade a little over 3" long. The other had just the blade with a brass liner lock to keep the blade from closing back on your hand. I don't remember if the liner lock had a scaler on the back of the blade or not as I bought the knife because of the shape of its blade.

Not having much money in those days, I never looked at the high end knives like Camillus or Shrade (It was Shrade that made the Imperial line.). There were many good American knife makers back then and Buck did not exist (I am not a fan of Buck knives because the shine of their blades reminds me of cheap steel.) back then.

Except for a couple of Italian switchblades that I owned back then, liner lock, pin lock, and back lock knives were not highly sold.

Maybe they were, but my financial status, and the blade designs I preferred might have made me unaware of them.

What do any of you 50+ olds remember about what was available then in a liner lock and from which companies, and at what prices.

The old Imperials sold for less than a dollar and for the money they were good little knives.

Bountyhunter