You indicate that: “I should have known this was too controversial of a subject. My Bad. It was not my intent to upset anyone. It was a legitimate question.”

In my humble opinion, the purpose of these forums is to discuss and share knowledge relating to survival situations. One must be prepared to conduct the risk/benefit analysis one performs in relationship to probably encountered situations. If I am the owner and/or frequent flyer in small aircraft my analysis of my risks/benefits might lead to me to the decision to carry a well stocked survival kit and hopefully I will tailor it to the type of environment I am currently flying in or might encounter.

Just as a car driver might analyze what to carry in their car if traveling in icy/snowy conditions vs. desert travel to survive an unexpected emergency. If, you chose to believe that investing money in an aircraft survival kit as a waste of money, so be it. Just as someone else might think it a waste of money to purchase an AR just in case one was to encounter a meth lab in the wild.

Each of us has different experiences that shape our perception and thought processes. Just be open to ideas and you may just change how you feel on a particular subject.

Pete