I went to the Witz website and realized that about 15 or more years ago I purchased several of their small cases. I remember that one container was so small, I couldn't place much more in it than my drivers license and a credit card. Maybe the company went by another name then. In any event, these small cases were rugged, waterproof, innovative in concept and practical for tiny to small PSKs. I had no idea of the existence of "their" now larger cases (e.g. Witz's Utility Locker I and II waterproof cases).

I didn't find Witz's larger cases on their website at first because these cases are listed under the electronics menu. Since only the outside dimensions are available there, I just asked Witz by email to send the weights and inside dimensions of these larger cases. Upon receipt, I'll be able to compare the Witz I with the similar class of Pelicans and Otters, particularly as to weight and inside/outside dimensions.

However, the OD of the Witz Utility Locker I is 8" X 5" X 3" (high), so it is definitely in the size range I'm interested in for the sensitive items of my medium size survival kit --- and it's available with the prerequisite clear lid! From the pictures on the Witz website, the Utility Locker I and II both appear to be well made indeed.

Thanks IzzyJG99 for the heads up on this alternative. Grady