Ok, it's a little unfair to rip on the wave this way but the gerber legend is sooo nice. I replaced the brake fluid cylinders on my minivan last night and the only tool that could get a certain spring off was the legend, due to its spring action pliers it stayed open as I pushed on the end of the pliers with no fear of the pinch effect. One beauty of the gerber is that you can adjust the tension of the tools. I have mine set just shy of falling out of the handle.

Ok, here's what I really wanted to say. The same lube used by most cyclists, stuff called white lightning, works great on knifes and tools. I don't like oils and such for they attract grit. you can get a nice dry lube that works well.

Lapping compound, like break-free is a good place to start when breaking in a new tool. I used it on my pistol when out of the box. Place some on the slide rails and cycle the slide a couple dozen times, wipe off, put more on, action the slide a couple dozen more times (repeat until nicely broken in).

Same goes for knives.