Originally Posted By: fooman
Well, the car in water thing has happened to me before due to flash floods. Turned out to be waist deep as I got out of the car. Also discovered that power windows don't work after that. I now keep a seatbelt cutter and window hammer in the vehicle.

Three, or was it four, times for me. The worst time was in December, or January about 16 years ago, and the water was cold.
That was the only time I ever got excited in an emergency.
Got a case of the giggles that did not want to go away.
But that was a VERY bad winter for me, as my mother had just died in a car crash a few days before... All kinds of things one after the other...
It actually surprised me, as I am normally almost TOO calm in emergencies. When our building caught fire, and lost power, I handed out flashlights to people walking down the fire stairwell(which was filled with smoke and pitch black because it was the backup generator exploding that took out the emergency generator, and THAT took out the special generator that was supposed to keep the fire stairwell lighted and smoke free!?!? shocked frown eek confused ).
For that matter, I was not even excited while I was having my heart attack this last December. I sometimes think that there is something a little off with my adrenalin response.

Edited by jamesraykenney (02/02/12 07:44 AM)