"optimum exercise routine recreates the hunter-gatherer environment in which we evolved. makes sense to me...."

Me too.
And i have noticed that when I visit indigenous peoples in Africa who still retain their old lifestyle - they are pretty healthy. They are not overweight. Their diet contains little sugar or prepared foods. The vege's are all organic. And most importantly - they do lots and lots of walking every day. Their bones are strong, and it's nothing for them to walk 10-20 miles a day. They sometimes eat significant amounts of meat or fat at lunchtime (not always -just when it is available)... but it does not seem to harm their health. The constant walking burns off the calories and the body handles it just fine.

In addition, they prepare a special extract from certain roots which they claim assists the body to burn off extra fat. I don't know why it works. But they insist that it does. Interesting. I told them to market it - but they just laugh. :-)

If these people move to the city (in Africa) and adopt a western lifestyle - with much less walking - then they start having all the same problems we do. More obesity. More heart attacks.

Pete2

Edited by Pete (01/30/12 09:15 PM)