There was an article out fairly early about the entertainers on the Costa Concordia. That article was where I read for the first time about the Captain exiting early and the crew (including the entertainers) assisting the passengers. The dancer interviewed was one of the last off at ~0300 IIRC. It was a DailyMail article -- 'Forget women and children first, it was every man for himself' -- lots of good tidbits in that article.
Quote:
...Eight British dancers were on-board the boat and were among the last to leave the sinking vessel, with many staying behind to help others to safety.
Among them was Rose Metcalf, who let her family know about the dramatic events in a message she left on her father's mobile phone at 3am. She said: 'Hi, Dad. Just ringing to let you know that I am alive and safe and got airlifted out of the cruise ship. ...
...his daughter was told by superiors to put on her cocktail dress and tell passengers the problem was only an electrical fault.
He told BBC Breakfast: 'Luckily she ignored them, because being one of the last five people off the boat she would have been stranded there with a dress on and without a life-saving vest. ...She said: 'I dashed off to my cabin where I had dry clothes and put them on with a life-jacket. ...
...the dancer revealed that the captain had abandoned the ship in the early stages of the evacuation, leaving his staff onboard. ... 'Since the captain had left there was nobody, so everybody was left to their own devices hence some of the chaos...
all quotes from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...are-scenes.html
So if they started abandoning at 1030 or thereabouts, looks like it took 4-5 hours. But as we know some of the peeps were still aboard shocked and it was dark wink