My cruise EDC (only been on one cruise - to AK) evolved from my EDC kit carried on board a working vessel (too many times).

I wear clothing appropriate to the climate (wool pants and shirt, wool socks, sturdy boating shoes that can be kicked off).

Based on a Mustang Flotation coat with beavertail (sounds better than diaper, which it is) this allows me to stay warm on deck and significantly increases my survival time in cold water.

Mine is an older version of this: http://www.mustangsurvival.com/recreational/thermosystem-plus-coat-0?division=professional

In the pockets I carry:
PLB (recent addition)
Several flares and smoke (formerly a Pengun, now Orion)
Strobe (an old military ACR)
A red Laser Flare
A glass signal mirror
Neoprene gloves
Wool watch cap
Surfire Aviator

On my body I carry:
Spyderco Mariner (always serrated in this case)
SAK with file, metal saw, wood saw
A fixed blade knife (now a McGowan rescue tool)
A DR Pico and a MagLight 2AA LED (with low power and
flash modes)
Seiko Divers Watch
My wallets w/ ID, Amex, Cash, etc.

In my cabin is my BOB in a floating case with extra clothing, food, etc.

For the cruise ship, where limits are placed on sharp and flamable items are severly limited, I replaced the Mariner with a Spyderco Cricket (looks like a cigar cutter), left home the fixed blade and the flares and smoke. Now that I have the Laser Flare, I feel less concerned by the missing flares and smoke.

The security on the cruise ship looked very carefully at the cricket and the SAK but let them both on board. They also looked very carefully at my walking staff (a Crawford Survival Staff) which is 6 feet of aluminum tube with a sharp point, but let it on board anyway - this is an AK cruise after all and hiking at the stops is common.

The thing I miss the most is the pry bar / fixed knife.

When I arrived I spent some time finding the lifeboats, learning how to launch them and learning the layout of the decks I would spend time on. I did go to the lifeboat drill and found it somewhat informative (alternative life jacket location, alternative lifeboats, etc.)

Respectfully,

Jerry