Originally Posted By: comms
Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
Originally Posted By: comms
Izzy, one of the reasons I liked Man,Woman, Wild was that Myke was very honest about how hard it was to do survival tasks and would mention it in the show.

What were the other reasons? grin

haha. Okay, I got fished in with that turn of phrase. No, really, I liked M,W,W. Another reason is that Ruth provided a good foil to Myke. She was a 'straight man', which provided the show the means to actually explain survival technique rather than just watch a guy or two guys divide labor and go about it with practiced care.

FWIW it was released by the Hawkes that they stopped filming the show, the final couple episodes are coming out right now. It was too hard for them to do it together and raise their son. The filming was long, injurious and exhausting. Which IIRC is pretty much the reason Les stopped doing Survivor Man.

I was just poking fun, and actually, I agree with you. I watched every episode and found the methods that Myke demonstrated to be useful and well presented. Ruth was a great choice as his survival partner, as she is herself intellegent and resourceful, albeit in a different environment.

I was able to relate, as my wife and I go to some very remote places every summer and fall, and anything can happen. Although my wife and I have never been in a true survival situation, we have had minor equipment or prep failures, weather situations, animal encounters, differing opinions, and mini-health issues while afield. The interactions presented in MWW were realistic IMO.

It didn't hurt that Ruth is a beautiful and articulate woman though....just think if his partner was say, Rosie O'Donnell. We could then watch Myke practice his best SERE skills on the second episode, and never be seen again.

Attachments
mr.jpg