I learn of this a day after we got off our cruise ship the Norwegian Sky, after a cuise of the Bahama's.....

A few random thoughts the muster and drill on the ship consisted of meeting at the area my room was to report to, where they showed us how to put on a life jacket. That was it ,nothing about the life boat, how its lowered down how to board ect , what to wear bring, nothing.

I had on me or in a bag next to my chair while swimming my Mission wallet with a few hundred bucks, my work ID ,DL,credit card, and health care card. In the outside slots I had a Fenix AAA led, Space Pen, Attwood Pry Baby. My spyderco H1 Dragon Fly was always clipped to me.

In our room was a pouch with Leatherman, extra light and Batts. and a first aid pouch .
You'll need to go to your room as thats where your life jackets are. I could be to my room in a few minutes from anywhere on board. If everyone acted at first hint something was a miss they all would have had more then enough time and then some.

something i've learned along the way and partly due to my job as a FF, is be one of the first to act.Don't wait and don't always follow what your told.

We all should have learned that from 911. they told those in building 2 to stay put nothing to fear.... same as the crew told the cruise ship guests.......

Oh as for the cruise it self,Ill say this i don;t like crowds or lines, some of my vacations have been canoeing the Yukon, hiking AZ canyons, hunting Montana and the like.

I LOVED the cruise !! tons of spots to be alone if you wish, and nice shows,food,pools and great ports to snorkle at. LOVED IT

Edited by THIRDPIG (01/16/12 03:14 AM)