I just thought about it and would like to state again that while Im not a fan of his practices nor condone the less is better idea Im not arguing against his Knowledge OR the ways of primitive skills. I believe primitive skills are key to basic survival and while can be a primary form of survival the changes and improvements in the field with technology and new knowledge are just as important. Its not a contest of who can do what with or without what, its a matter of live or die period.

What I AM attempting to argue is Image and how it can harm the message of learning these things. What would a person think of primitive skill learning if the first expert they see is a certain person acting in certain ways. Cody was the first example and person I picked to present this issue since he is the first person I have seen on television who primarily promotes primitive skills.

If anyone else has knowledge of another survival instructor who primarily promotes primitive skills as a comparison OR a instructor who promotes other forms of skills that may have a negatively effecting image (Bear grylls if you want but he is a dead horse at this point) we can widen the field of thought on the subject.