I also lean more towards Dave philosophy than Cody's but Cody has made it very clear , repeatedly, that he doesn't expect others to do what he does. He said that he trained himself for years to go barefoot and it is not something others should simply follow. So, IMHO, he has done his part.

What I saw in Dual survival is that it was Dave who saved the day repeatedly. While I am even less courageou than Cody, but he showed reluctance several times, when it was necessary to climb down a liff or such high risk situation. It was Dave who assured him and convinced him to go ahead. THAT IS what I noticed in Dual survival.

In addition, I noticed Cody's passive gatherer attitude when it comes to food, which I prefer ( I have a soft heart and couldn't kill a chiken ) but still I didn't like Cody ... err.. going too far eating bugs & worms ..etc. even if substitutes maybe available. He was so undescrimiating that sometimes he does tasteless stuff. One time he sucked water out of his wet socks although better water was available with Dave !! I didn't like that.

I do respect both gentlemen. And sorta understand each one's philosophy. I think