It's also worth noting that many of us have shelter in place supplies in urban environments, either at home and or at the office. I have both, designed for those times when staying is the wisest alternative. My mobile (travelling) kits are with me when I'm not in either of those environments, perhaps enroute to one from the other, grocery shopping, visiting, camping, hiking, forced evacuation, etc.

My mobile kits are much different than my shelter in place kits. 3 examples: They contain shelter, whereas my SIP supplies included materials to fix or improve shelter. They contain navigation, which isn't a necessary part of my SIP gear. Communication is important for both kits but the more wildress my travels, the less I depend on things like cel phones. Also, the gear I'm going to be carrying on my back (or potentially so, in the case of vehicle kits and BOBs) needs to be lighter, smaller and easily packable. The farther from home I am, the more that's true.

Contrary to some, my emergency plans don't depend on the ability to restock in an urban environment or at gas-service stations along my travels, although that is normally an advantage to EDC in urban vs wilderness. A friend ran out of gas last week none of the three gas stations she walked to sold gas cans. I gave my EDC LED flashlight to my newphew on the weekend when his gifted headlamp broke and I have yet to see one in a gas station. (I've stopped at 6 so 7 so far). If I can't find thing as basis as these on a normal day, I'm not going to count on it in an emergency.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA