Originally Posted By: Dagny
Someplace very sparsely populated,

Where you could grow food (and raise livestock, if you can find some breeding stock that zombies haven't gotten to yet).

Except they don't seem to have the necessary skills or background and farming seems like the type of thing you'd need to know a thing or two about to be successful (like discussed here, for example).

Save Daryl, they all appear to be urbanites whose skill set doesn't appear to include agriculture (cops, a pizza delivery boy, a lawyer, housewives, ???). And while Daryl may know about hunting, who knows how much, if anything, he knows about farming.

Seems like the type of group that wouldn't make it through the first winter if they attempted to strike it out on their own and live off the land.

My guess is they will end up falling back on their original plan, and Shane's preference, of trying to make it to the Army base in the hopes the government is still intact and will look after them. Somehow I don't think that will work out for them smile.

Originally Posted By: Dagny
There are probably a number of super-rich survivalists around Sun Valley who retreated there early in the zombie crisis. They're lonely now and would welcome some company, I think.

However, this is a group who in their current state can't seem to play nice with others. Unless getting the boot from the farm (if that's what happens) teaches them the importance of building community and respecting the owner of the home they're in, I wouldn't hold high hopes for them successfully integrating with an established community or group.