Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99

There are those in the SAK collecting community that are furious over the decision to make the 111mm (Trekker, Forrester, etc, etc) into one handed openers with liner locks.

That's because half of them would replace the slide-lock scale with a regular scale, removing the lock completely. Can't do that with the liner-lock. grin

Personally, I couldn't stand the old slide lock. I never found it to be a reliable locking mechanism. When they came out with the linerlock models, I bought one of them and couldn't have been happier. Then when they came out with the one-handed liner-lock models, I bought a one-handed Trailmaster (now Trekker?). IMO, the best SAK they ever made (though I never really liked the serrations, so I ground them off, which also made for a much nicer point).

When they came out with that one-handed Trailmaster, I can remember thinking to myself....this should be the new Soldier's knife. Sure enough, I just bought myself a new Soldiers knife....which is just a Trailmaster with different scales and no tweezers/toothpick. laugh