I am old and fat so walk pretty slow. On level easy trails a little over 2 mph. On trails that includes some picture taking time and time for the beagle to get in some creek time and some good sniffs.

The other day we were on more rugged up and down terrain. We did 5.1 miles in 3 hours and ten minutes. About 1.6 MPH.

We did another trail last week )or maybe it was the week before) that was 11.7 miles back and forth in just under 6 hours. Level and easy trail though.

By the way, why would a beagle be chicken of chickens? She is not chicken of other birds. She has been up close to wild geese, turkeys, crows, and ducks, and never seemed to care. When we were out a week or so ago, we ran across about 20 chickens on the trail. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. She tried to go back where we came from on the trail. I had to have a very serious chat with her to get her moving past the chickens.

Bob