Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
There's a story going around the interwebz that a guy went to an estate sale. Found a box of Leathermans (Variety of tools, I assume) and paid 5 bucks for them. He then sent them into Leatherman, which honored their warranty, and since the tools were out of production...they sent him a brand new model for each old model he sent in. So for 5 bucks he got like 1,000 dollars worth of Multi-Tools.

If it's true I imagine Tim Leatherman probably was like ".....Well played, Sir. Well played. Give into his demands."

I don't know whether or not the story is true but there's no doubt in my mind that Leatherman would honor the warranty in a situation like this.

For myself I've only had one warranty claim with LM; the file on my PS4 snapped. I had a new one seven days exactly after I dropped the old one in the mailbox.

I still have their first-run PST, and it's still going strong. I snapped the tip off the small screwdriver doing something I shouldn't have when I was a sprout. After touching it up with a file it worked just fine and I've kept it that way.