Originally Posted By: Russ
Hmmm -- Why 1/2 liter bottles of water? Is there a more space efficient size to store 4 liters (~1 gallon)?

That's how they come from Costco. They're easy to bring a few with me at a time on the train as I'm stocking up. They fit very nicely in the drawer.

Quote:
For why would you be bugging in? Winter snowstorm? Hurricane? Major flood? Do you expect the power to stay on?

Winter snowstorm is the most likely bug in scenario, followed by flooding. I'd like to be ready for the power to be out.

Quote:
If the office has a real stove, keeping real food may also be something worth considering. For bugging in I always think about not having to resort to MRE's and snack-bars. Is the tap-water drinkable? Would it be drinkable with a water filter?

The tap water is good unfiltered but I'd like to be ready for it to be unavailable. I think I'll add a First Strike Ration (no, the military version isn't legal to sell, mine are a forum special from mreinfo.com). It's got some tasty grub in it.

Quote:
Is there a couch to catch some Z's?

A few.

Quote:
Also, don't forget all the ingredients for a great cup of coffee and tea. This you should be able to keep in the kitchen.

I don't drink coffee but I love our selection of teas.