As a California native, I obviously have my opinions about the Golden State. But I'd sure hate to have my thread locked if someone complains about political comments. Let's stick with what's important here--things that go BOOM! grin

I see that the stars of Myth Busters, Adam and Jaime, personally went to see the damage in the neighborhood, although they weren't even the ones conducting the experiment. As a Myth Busters fan, I think I'd be torn between being tickled pink to meet them in person and being hopping mad if I were that family. Maybe me and the missus could do the adoring fan-hater routine on 'em. Keep 'em guessing.

Really, though, when you watch the show, it does seem obvious that they do take safety very seriously although they do a lot of outrageous and highly dangerous experiments that I probably would not do. Actually, I'm surprised that they've managed to have insurance coverage all these years.

One episode pops into mind immediately. It's one of my favorite topics, actually. It was the episode where they were testing the claim that you could save yourself from gunfire by jumping underwater. They fired a series of long guns into a swimming pool, including a Barrett .50 cal IIRC. That pool is literally in the middle of a dense residential neighborhood in San Francisco, next to one of the most heavily traveled surface streets, too. A freak accident could've sent a .50 cal round crashing through who knows how many homes and cars in the neighborhood, and several schools are within range. Kind of creepy when I think about it now, considering what just happened with the cannonball experiment.