Not clear what you mean by "not factual."

In the category of "not at all likely" I would put: armageddon/TEOTWAWKI and my American Airlines flight crashing. Yet, large-scale EMP damage, cyber attacks and plain crashes are not beyond the realm of possibility (one of the reasons I like aisle seats, exit rows and not wearing nylons on planes).

Prior to this past August, I also would have put Earthquake Damage in Washington, D.C. in the extremely unlikely category. Yet, a house across the street lost part of its chimney, the National Cathedral suffered millions of dollars of damage and the Washington Monument is cracked and still closed.

If I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I'd be preparing for a Cascadia Subduction Zone quake, though it is unlikely in my lifetime.

One decade and three months ago, airplanes crashing into office buildings seemed beyond the imagination of all but Tom Clancy.

I haven't crashed a car in the three decades I've been driving, yet I still wear a seatbelt, like having airbags and have the means to cut it should my car go off the GW Parkway into the Potomac. Moreover, I like having the ability to assist someone else should I happen upon an accident. Cars sometimes do end up in the water and there is a lot of water around here.

Thanks to some brave bystanders and professional responders, plane crash victims survived the Potomac on a freezing, snowy January day (Air Florida flight #90 on January 13, 1982).

I've been hiking for decades, have never gotten lost and know a lot of backpackers but haven't known anyone who needed SAR, yet I still carry a compass, matches, etc.

Granted, some things are a lot more likely than others. The likeliest things I prepare for are temporary power outages, water service disruption and being stranded in the car.

Those three situations can arise for a number of reasons -- some likelier than others.