Seems to me there are two primary winter storm stranded-at-work scenarios: 1) power on; 2) power out (any nearby emergency shelters in this scenario?)

Most of what I'd want to have at work, I already have in my car (Honda Element), including:

two closed-cell sleeping pads
fleece sleeping bag liner
Jet Boil + cooking set
Kelly Kettle (yes, I carry a lot - always, I'm a camper)
9-hour candles + collapsible UCO candle lantern
long underwear + fleece hats + fleece neck gaiter + ski gloves + ski socks
chemical hand and foot warmers (I buy by the case from Costco)

Is your vehicle well-stocked?

I'd be more worried about being stranded on the road than at the office. And everything in your car can be used at the office, unless you don't drive to work.

Here's what I'd suggest having in the office 24/7 for winter (to be augmented in a shelter-in situation by the stuff in the car):

electric hot water pot (a microwave works but these pots are cheap and easy)
bowl, plate, spoon, mug
Lipton Cup-o-Noodles and some freeze-dried meals (breakfast and dinner)
Mo-Jo energy bars
Cocoa, tea bags, sugar
a good, big book - or two or three
0-degree sleeping bag + pillow
down booties
chemical hand and foot warmers (buy a case of them - share with colleagues)

Do you have a parking garage at work?

If your vehicle is in a parking garage then if the power goes out, seems to me you may as well sleep in your car - if you can stretch out (I'm spoiled by my Honda Element). A roll of Reflectix insulation can easily be scissored into pieces slightly bigger than your car windows and they'll stay in place with light pressure applied to the edges. This is a popular strategy with people who camp in their Honda Elements. I've done it and the Reflectix in the windows makes a tremendous difference in keeping the inside car temperature comfortable overnight. About $20 a roll that would do two or three cars. This could also have applications in your office - to cut window drafts and to put under your sleeping bag.

http://www.homedepot.com/Reflectix/h_d1/...catalogId=10053

In a power outage scenario, in a parking garage you could at least run your car periodically for heat.