I'm sitting here in the office with a blistering headache thinking that if I could only have a nap I'd feel so much better. I tell you this not for sympathy but because it makes me think of my office kit. With winter fast approaching, it's time to review and repack.

My office kit is designed to get me through at least a few overnights in the office. Weather, problems at the nuclear plant, an industrial accident or chemical spill on the major railway or highway... all potential risks I'm prepping for.

My kit's sitting here under my desk and I have to admit, I haven't touched it since I put it there about 7 months ago. I had to look up an old post to remind myself of what's in there:

FAK: AMK kit, soap, bandana, personal meds, safety pins, nail clippers baby wipes, small bottle of purelle, pocket pack of kleenex, cpr mask and 2 pairs nitrile gloves, 2 dust masks, sewing kit

CLOTHES: wool socks hat and gloves, thermal shirt, emerg rain poncho and blaze orange baseball hat, light rain pants, leather work gloves, subbed in a primaloft jacket instead of fleece.

SHELTER: AMK bivy, sleeping bag liner, paracord, heatsheet

WATER: large full kleen canteen, micropur tabs, military mess cup, juice crystals, instant hot chocolate tea and cappacino, wrapped the water bottle in duct tape

FOOD: 4 cliff bars, 1 pack jerky, 2 powerbar harvest bars, MRE meal and heater

FIRE: bic, match safe (with tinder-quicks, b-day candle and strike anywhere matches), couple of tealights, sierra saw, 2 larger candles, esbit stove and tabs

RESCUE: AMK signal mirror, lanyard with whistle/led light, roll of quarters, blaze orange whistle to an external zip

MISC: SAK, multi-tool, bandana, LED flashlight and extra batteries, extra glasses and sunglasses, leatherman folder, LED lantern, LED headlight and extra batteries, 2 decks playing cards, pry bar, extra house key, 4 chem lights, 4 chem hand warmers, 2 lg garbage bags, 2 small garbage bags, eye glass repair kit, pocket radio and extra batteries, case of all the extra batteries

TOILETRIES: soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodarant, washcloth, feminine stuff

Other stuff I've got available here:

-1 box of cliff bars, personal OTC meds and vitamins, 2 mason jar candles
-coffee, tea, sugar, instant oatmeal, cereal and canned goods in kitchen (with manual opener)
-about a couple of weeks worth of TP, paper towel and kleenex
-equivalant of a couple of bags of ice in the freezer
-24 bottles water in freezer
-gortex jacket with fleece jacket
-2 fishing rods
-1 X 4 wheeler and small can of gas
-1 propane bbq with 1 full tank
-1 snowblower
-2 large flashlights
-multiple tools
-my GHB in my parked car about 50 feet from my desk

What's in your office kit? What would you add as sub-zero temps and snow looms on the horizon?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA