Originally Posted By: Russ
I have a similar set-up using a A&P Key Ring from County Comm, but I keep it secured inside my EDC backpack and I hesitate to call it a keyring since there are no keys on it.

Here is my theory of keyrings. This works for me. Whatever works for you has my blessing unless you call me because you're locked out.

I do have a CC A&P Key Ring in my BOB, containing a ring of gadgets. I call it my Technology Ring.

Each car has an associated keyring consisting of the car key, the remote control fob, and a house key (I like being able to get out of the car and already have the house key in my hand). My wife has her own key to each of our cars.

There's another keyring that's with me without regard to whether I'm driving or not. It has a Leatherman PS4, a 4Sevens ReVo in a custom leather sheath, a 4Sevens flat titanium whistle, an RFID keyfob for the office, house and office keys. In other words, in addition to a few keys, it also has my backup EDC gear -- I always have a bigger flashlight and knife, and I typically have a larger multitool as well.