I hate to harp on this, but a good way to "become one with nature" is to have your relatives scattering your ashes in the woods you love so dearly.

Every fall, and I mean EVERY fall, I read the same story in our local paper.

One example, a young man, wearing a very faded orange sweatshirt, stuck his head through some bushes. His hair was dirty blond. His hunting companion shot him.

These stories are legion. I can understand if you are not a hunter, you don't notice them, and you find the presence of orange clad people in woods off putting.

Orange blaze is extremely noticeable. It sticks out like a sore thumb and you can see it through brush and timber. For a reason. Wearing a comfortable color that is not the color of a deer won't do you much good. You have to stick out as extremely unnatural or someone will pull the trigger in your direction.

It's called "buck fever." Fruitcakes who want a deer so bad they will pull the trigger at the slightest motion.

Tim

(Edited to add: A good way to accomplish this is to use an orange blaze hat -- they come insulated or cheap baseball cap style -- and an orange blaze vest. You can easily take them off and on, they won't add weight, and they are cheap. Available at most big mart stores.)

Edited by TimDex (10/24/11 01:00 PM)