I am looking for a stove for a "cache" in an office building. Just in case I am stuck there ( like heavy rain and power lost). My first thought was one or two sterno cans, but I am now not sure enough.

A U-tube video showed that sterno flame is not as strong as an alcohol stove ( empty Sterno can filled with perlite and alcohol ) ... It was some time ago that I noticed this , that backpackers ..etc. used alcohol stoves ( using HEET or denatured alcohol as fuel ) but very few used Sterno. Cost maybe a factor , but seems more than that. Many times I read that Sterno is for "warming" food , not for cooking.

So, I don't know really. Should I depend on Sterno, or is it a different breed from ALCOHOL stoves.

If I have to leave Sterno for alcohol stove... I have two alternatives. Either a supercat stove ( seems like the easiest to make utilizing a tuna can ) , or do the (perlite and alcohol stove by using sand instead. I would take an empty sterno can, half-fill it with sand, and cap it. To use it I can pour in it a little alcohol and ignite. Good enough for a tea kettle or such.

What do you think of these alternatives ???

1 - Sterno stove ( Just buy and store it )
2 - alcohol-sand stove ( Sterno can half-filled with sand and fueled by denatured alcohol )
3 - Super cat stove ( tuna can , make holes on sides, pour alcohol and ignite )