I worked as a bag boy for a big store while going through college. One night the lead cashier asked me to help him load a large item and tie it to the top of their car (people should drive trucks not cars, but thats a different topic). Once we tied it on the car and wrapped some string around it he started trying to cut the string with office type scissors and wasn't making much progress. I pulled put my little 2" pocket knife and easily cut the string. Once the customer the lead told me if he saw it again he would tell security I was carrying a weapon. I couldn't get it throught his head that it was a tool not a weapon. Had similar experience with my leatherman, used to use it all the time to fix printers but every now and then some secretary would pull back in fear because they saw a shiny pair of pair of pliers. My wife grew up in the city where they didn't normally carry guns and knives unless you were a gang member. She was afraid at first but now carries her own leatherman micra after borrowing my wave so many times. She still thinks if you have a gun in your house it means someone will auomatically break in and use your gun against you so I still have some educating to do.