I like Fox brand in a stream. Its often windy here and stream seems the best for that. Wind can make any type a gamble though.

I work for a "urban" FD the cops I know like and use Punch II in a "burst stream" thats a stream thats dumps a lot at once like 4-5 shots per 2 oz can instead of 20 or so .

I've tested a few types, the foggers if any wind blow all over,same for cones and such. Ever spray paint in the wind ?

Some of that stuff will come out 2 feet and make a right hand turn...

The stuff is cheap,buy a few cans and test at least one to learn how far it shoots, how many "shots" you get,how hard you have to press. I had one can that had tabs you first broke while pressing then as you kept pressing you would reach the spray button. I cut the tabs to begin with, when I tested the can I stopped to look at it to see what the problem was as I was pressing hard and nothing was spraying....

It took great force to spray,NO THANKS. tossed 'em.

Fox cop top is nice.

The Mailmen use Halt. Its a very weak,pepper spray by todays standards. Many years ago,like the late '70's I carried it while biking. I used it twice on dogs and it worked fast and well both times. One of the guys on my crew worked for the cable co. before getting on the job,they also used Halt and he too had great luck with it.

So I would think that brand like Fox,Punch, Saber red would work even better.

Edited by THIRDPIG (09/26/11 09:03 PM)