Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Oh? I didn't catch that part of the story. With that bit of knowledge now in my pocket I can see why he might get charged with something. It reflects poorly on him as a sportsman, outdoorsman and hunter if he cannot properly identify a black bear from a grizzly bear.

I still don't think the D.A. will charge him. You throw in the fact that his friend is dead by his hand, punishment enough if you ask me, and the fact that he only misidentified the bear. There's worse poachers out there who're killing bears just for the paws and gall bladders.

Accidents happen and when they're straight forward accidents? No one need be punished, frankly.

All things considered this kind of situation is somewhat par for the course when you're hunting.

If a hunter cannot tell a black bear from a grizzly bear, he should not be hunting bear.

Jeanette Isabelle