Preparing to survive failures of utilities, financial services and communications is smart. We've seen that happen often enough recently that examples would be superfluous.

My reading leads me to think that while a high-altitude EMP would knock out a lot of equipment, vehicles might be more likely to survive than was previously thought. A lot of gear that is stored in metal boxes might very well survive, and small electronics that aren't connected to AC power may have a decent chance of surviving as well.

While a lot of computers would be destroyed by an EMP, some commercial datacenters are hardened to prevent wireless traffic from going in or out, which would likely have a significant impact on the survivability of the datacenter.

Anything relying on large antennas or long-wire non-fiber systems would likely fare the worst.

I don't have wide-scale EMP on the list of threats I prepare against. The main reason is the sheer unlikelihood. A high-altitude EMP is a state-level threat, one that few states are capable of attempting. Any state that tried it would face unimaginably horrible retaliation.