Originally Posted By: Russ
A bit of trademark semantics then cool

Seems to me what we have is a kerosene lantern masquerading as a candle. Nothing wrong with that s'pose, but why not just get a real kerosene lantern? It guess it has a nice price point, but how bright is this Emergency Candle compared to other kerosene lanterns?

The Dietz #1 Large Fount Little Wizard is a little over three times the price (3.544 times to be precise), but look how much more you get as an investment.

The "candle lanterns" put out light and heat comparable to candles due to the small wick size.

I have a couple of Dietz lanterns laying around but many times I don't need that much light and don't want that much heat. I'm much more likely to get them out when I need a lot of light for a particular reason OR appreciate the heat they throw. The one that sits on top of the hutch on my desk does look nicer that the other items we discussed. wink

I have a dual fuel Coleman lantern and a propane Coleman lantern too but I don't recall ever using either outside the confines of car camping.

I picked up a couple of the Rock River brand LED lanterns a few years ago and I've primary used them inside tents when car camping, during brief power outages and during tornado warnings when we get in the storm shelter.