Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr

Nothing to do with this thread, but it brought a tear to my eye. In his younger days my son, now a 6"3 military cop, would bring me spare electrical parts that he scavenged. They were for 'the robot' that he desperately wanted us to build. Time passed, and the robot never materialized. I threw out that box a few years ago, and with it went a lot of memories and the ambitions of a 9 year old boy.

laugh My 8 year old is working on the same project, Bryd. I'm tempted to do a clean sweep sometimes but then think of the memories we're making, smile and leave it be.

My six year old daughter has been collecting for her project for a couple years now. She wants us to build an automatic bandaid machine! smile Apparently i need one. She has the design firmly in mind but I haven't been able to figure it out enough to start assembly.

To keep loosely on topic. My daughters Hiking stick now has some line, a small hook and two threaded eyelets stashed in the rubber base so we are prepared to fish while hiking. Stashing everything was her idea, I threw in the eyelet since here hiking stick has hole for it in the top already (we hung it up to dry and varnish).

-Eric

Edited by Eric (09/14/11 02:34 AM)