I'd been driving for two days, and an hour ago I got tired enough that I started looking for a place to spend the night. The first hotel I went to was out. The second one accidentally gave me a room that wasn't ready. Anyway, now that I'm comfortably settled in, watching the weather channel as I often do, suddenly a tornado warning pops up.

I have the portable RadioShack weather radio with me. For home it's great. I put in my SAME code and it issues warnings that I want to hear. I set it to the local NOAA station and it tells me the weather. For travel I am discovering that it has a flaw. It doesn't automatically change the channel for the location. While I am in a hotel room I can play with the settings to get the right channel, but if I'm driving it's rather inconvenient. The state I'm driving through (PA) broadcasts the NOAA channel through an AM station, so that's convenient. But it seems to me ideally I need a portable weather radio that can automatically issue the warnings for any location I happen to find myself in. Is there such a thing?

Da Bing

PS. Will let yo know if I get hit by a tornado. Lemme see about doing a livecast.

Edited by Bingley (09/02/11 12:22 AM)