Originally Posted By: widget
I think that stove started out as the Gerry stove made for/by Gerry Cunningham and sold with the Gerry branding. That was a high-end brand in the '60's and '70's.
From what I've read, Gerry didn't claim to be the first, although I think Gerry put that type of stove on the proverbial map. The stove was manufactured by EFI. Hank Roberts sold the stove before Gerry (this is per an interview with Gerry that I read). The stove was sold under the EFI, Gerry, Browning, and Hank Roberts brands, possibly more. There were several variants. They're really good stoves, and really secure (as well as highly packable) in their aluminum "clam shell." The canister and the canister connection I believe is what killed them. They got a reputation (deserved or undeserved) for exploding and were quickly withdrawn from the market.

Originally Posted By: widget
I used to keep one in my mountain rescue pack along with a GI canteen cup. Nice little stoves and light. Thanks for the happy flashback Jim!
You're welcome. Interestingly, this is one of the top 10 most popular posts I've ever done (according to the stats on my blog). Whoda thunk? I guess there are a lot of closet Gerry/Hank Roberts stove aficionados out there?

HJ