I don't have experience with those knives, but I really like my Leatherman Skeletool CX and think it makes a great EDC pocket tool.

I used to carry a Leatherman Juice regularly but also wanted to carry a more capable locking folder. After looking at the options, I decided against carrying a two tools but didn't want to stop carrying a multi-tool; carrying a knife alone just isn't as useful for me.

So I landed on the Skeletool; it gives me the one-handed opening locking-blade knife in a fairly compact and light package that can be easily carried with a pocket clip, but with the versatility of the additional pliers and screwdriver.

It looks like regular Skeletools are selling for about $45 on Amazon right now.

Gerber also has a couple similar offerings, the Octane and the Crucial are the two I've looked at recently. They seem nice, bought my son an Octane actually, but I still prefer the Skeletool; it just feels better smile.