Everyone has a slightly different purpose in mind for their kits, but this guy said that his kit is intended to keep him going for 4 days as he travels to his "wilderness retreat" (which is not described so I don't know if that means a pre-stocked cabin or just camping out in the bush). With that in mind, I do think his kit is kind of a mish-mash of items, plus he doesn't show stuff that he refers to, like food, so we have no idea what he's packing for food--frozen TV dinners? I presume he's also taking water, but he doesn't really say.

The books and seeds are not really consistent with a go-bag concept plus those books must be heavy. If he's serious about foraging, he really needs to learn about that stuff and have it in his head before he needs it. I have no idea if he's an outdoorsman, but I know that I would most likely starve or poison myself if I was suddenly thrust into the woods with just a book on edible plants without any practice first.

Besides some antibiotics (and he doesn't say what kind they are or what he's carrying them for) and KI pills, he has no first aid items. He carries a bunch of knives and mentions weapons like a Glock 23 and the possibility of hunting game with an air gun, but no first aid kit?

I assume he's driving, but he has nothing for shelter, like a space blanket, bivvy, fleece jacket, whatever.
Edit: Oh, sorry, he is bringing along a pair of Isotoner gloves. Doubt they would last for any hard work, though.

I don't know, is a snake bite kit much use for a kit intended for a SHTF situation out in the bush?

He does have some useful stuff, but those are just the basics that all kits should have, like a headlamp, so I'm skipping commenting on those.

Edited by Arney (08/30/11 03:05 PM)