Thanks both of you

( BTW, www cheaper than dirt is off limits in my corner of the world. I can't access it. Maybe they see it as a survivalist or paramilitary thing ).

Anyway, my goal has been a stove that is based on Esbit but multi-purpose enough to take alcohol or even a Sterno canister. I noticed in the picture - older thread - that there is another gadget for alcohol or gasoline , but that one s not necessary. The outer chimney and cup are the most important. I wish I am handy enough to fabricate my own with the follewoing modifications :

- Make it wider a bit to accomaodate wider - more stable - cups like the normal canteen cup .

- Make the bottom of the chimney removable to insert a sterno inside if I want.

- Make it double walled like some stainless steel water containers. That should help minimize escaping heat and focus most of the heat to the cooking pot.

In such case, it would take all my favorite fuel types from twigs to sterno. And as a plus , will be very efficient in minimizing lost heat and not need a windscreen.

It may not be light or collapsable in that case, but my goal is make it a "car BOB stove" , not really for a backpack stove.

I live in a very hot area, and gas canisters are not really safe to be stored in car trunks. Twigs and esbit cubes are much safer and longer lasting. That's why I am more intersted in those.